Effective January 1, 2018, after 40 years of practicing law in Oregon, Gary Zimmer retired.
Gary Zimmer founded Zimmer Family Law (then Zimmer & Bunch) in 1998. In January 2017, Gary formed a partnership with Sarah Bond, Wendy Fay, and Joel Overlund, under the new name Zimmer, Bond, Fay & Overlund.
Gary Zimmer was a fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers; was listed as one of the Best Lawyers in America for 20 consecutive years; and was ranked in the top 10 lawyers in Oregon.
Gary's forte was complex business cases and high conflict divorces. He was also a master at drafting Prenuptial Agreements (and breaking them), and handling Post-Judgment and Modification matters. While getting the very best results for his clients, Gary practiced law with the utmost professionalism and integrity. Not only was Gary one of the finest lawyers in Oregon, he is one of the finest individuals you could know.
His staff and his partners wish him only the best and will miss seeing him daily. We thank Gary for building a firm that will carry on his name, reputation, and dedication for excellence.
Honors & Affiliations
- Best Lawyers in America (Since 1993)
- Oregon Super Lawyers (2007, 2008, 2009)
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow (Since 1992)
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Former National Board Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Past President, Oregon Chapter (1997-1999)
- Oregon Academy of Family Law Practitioners - Member and Past President
- Family Law Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Former Family Law Circuit Court Judge, pro tem
- Speaker, Continuing Legal Education Seminars
- J.D. (1975), Case Western University
- B.A. (1972), Cleveland State University